In our society, we are never far from a place that sells or serves alcohol. The availability of alcohol comes with consequences, especially those stemming from drinking and driving. The consequences of drinking and driving have a high price on individuals and society. It leads to lost productivity and potential and a higher cost to health care and law enforcement.
Driving under the influence puts many at risk. The DUI consequences in TX and elsewhere are severe. Problems with drinking and driving can signal larger problems with alcohol addiction, which is where the Santé Center for Healing can help—contact 866.238.3154 to learn about alcohol detox near me.
Consequences of Drinking and Driving
The effects of drinking and driving, whether one-time or chronic, reverberate for years. The most significant is the potential for injury or death. It might involve another driver, a passenger, a pedestrian, or yourself.
Some of the additional short-and-long-term consequences include:
- Legal—you can face misdemeanor or felony charges that stay with you for the rest of your life.
- Financial—insurance rates will skyrocket.
- Practical—you face revocation of your license, which limits your ability to get to and from work or other places where you need to be.
- Employment— you could lose your job because you cannot drive or because your employer considers it a code of conduct violation.
- School—access to scholarships is often restricted for people with DUI convictions.
As you can see, there are many DUI consequences in TX and across the country.
Is it a Disorder?
Drinking and driving don’t automatically mean you have a drinking problem. But repeated bouts with the law can signal that you’ve not just made a mistake. You’re suffering from the disease of an alcohol use disorder.
The diagnosis of an alcohol use disorder is based on the impact alcohol has on your life. It is not just about how much you drink but is based on the problems alcohol causes in your life. If you continue to drink in the face of those problems, you may be struggling with an addiction. Those problems include relationship problems, difficulties at work or school, or health challenges.
Drinking and driving represent a clue about your relationship with alcohol. It might mean you have a diminished capacity to recognize risky behavior. It also means it might be time to seek help from an alcohol treatment or drug and alcohol rehab center such as Santé Center for Healing.
Signs of an Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD)
If you’re wondering if drinking and driving represent a sign of an alcohol use disorder, consider other signs. These include:
- Drinking more than intended or for longer periods than intended
- Cravings for alcohol that are hard to resist
- Doing things while drunk that one regret later
- Trouble functioning at work or home due to drinking
- Continuing to drink despite the negative repercussions of the habit, such as legal or financial problems
If you are experiencing these signs, consider getting help from Santé Center for Healing. We specialize in treating alcohol use disorder and its related behavior, like drinking and driving. It’s time to change your life, and we can help.
No one should have to struggle with drinking and driving alone. Santé Center for Healing is here to help you get on the road to recovery. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help you stay sober and safe.
Getting the Treatment You Deserve
Alcohol use disorder presents itself in many ways, not just through drinking and driving. Treatment of it, therefore, is also very individualized. Yet the stages of an alcohol rehab center are structured. If you decide to seek help, here’s what you can expect:
- Assessment: A comprehensive medical and psychological workup to set the stage for your treatment.
- Planning: Doctors will develop a roadmap to guide your way through rehab.
- Detox: The first step requires you to bear down and flush the remnants of alcohol from your system.
- Counseling: You’ll work with a therapist to develop crucial new coping skills.
- Aftercare: Involving resources that help lower the chances of a relapse.
At Santé Center for Healing, we holistically approach alcohol use disorder. We provide compassionate care to our clients and take the time to listen and understand your unique needs.
Your Recovery at Santé Center for Healing
One of the signs of alcohol use disorder is when someone exhibits risky behavior, such as drinking and driving. Enough has been written and said that we know that drinking hampers our reaction times and makes driving dangerous, leading to DUI consequences in TX and every other state.
Ignoring the consequences can be a sign of a bigger problem that requires the services of a treatment center such as Santé Center for Healing. We offer a full spectrum of treatment resources for drug and alcohol abuse, co-occurring disorders, mental health challenges, and more.
Sante’s experienced clinical staff treats the whole person with integrity and intimacy to promote hope and healing for the long term. Make a move. Contact Santé Center for Healing today at 866.238.3154 for an initial consultation.