When you decide to stop using drugs, it isn’t easy to find a practical starting point for your recovery. The cycle of addiction does not care if you are a professional, a parent, or a student. Finding that first stepping stone to recovery can be challenging, but help is available now more than ever. For most people struggling with a substance use disorder, drug detox is the first step on the path to recovery.
At Santé Center for Healing, we believe it takes courage to decide to stop using drugs, and we know it can be challenging to determine the next best steps. That is why we offer addiction detox services in Argyle, Texas. Call 866.238.3154 to speak to our compassionate staff and learn about our programs and services, verify your insurance, or take that first step and start your treatment and recovery journey.
What Is a Drug Detox?
Drug detox is one part of drug rehab or the continuum of care that comprises professional addiction treatment. It is designed to detoxify a person’s mind and body by weaning them off of addictive substances. In many cases, an individual with substance use disorder has developed a dependency, and their body and brain chemistry has changed. They now depend on the drug to function normally and need more and more of it each time to achieve the same effects. This cycle of addiction can ultimately lead to overdose or death.
Therefore, drug detox is best achieved with professional clinical and medical supervision as the body experiences substance withdrawal. With a significant chance of moderate to severe side effects, medical supervision makes the most sense. Without medical assistance and oversight, the symptoms are unpleasant and could even be life-threatening.
Common Side Effects of Withdrawal During Drug Detox
Every individual experiences addiction in a different way. However, regardless of the drug of choice, there are some common side effects to withdrawal during drug detox. These include the following:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sweating and chills
- Insomnia or excessive sleepiness
- Anxiety, irritability, and mood swings
- Muscle aches and pains
Santé Center for Healing’s expert medical team monitors vitals, performs withdrawal assessments, and provides general medical care.
What to Expect in Drug Detox
Santé Center for Healing’s detox process usually involves three stages: intake, medication, and stabilization.
- Our Intake and Admissions clinicians conduct an initial and confidential assessment to establish the appropriate level of care. If medical detox is advised, Santé’s medical team completes a comprehensive review of the drug, medical, and mental health histories of clients. This is imperative for understanding and customizing treatment for each individual’s unique situation.
- The medical team monitors vitals, performs withdrawal assessments, and provides general medical care. If our medical treatment staff deems it appropriate, medication may be administered to reduce symptom severity and the risk of complications.
- Once the individual has completed detox successfully, usually between three days to two weeks, additional customized treatment plans will be outlined and discussed. Since the goal is long-term recovery, it is essential that the individuals’ needs intersect with the right clinical therapy programs necessary to learn about their physical addiction and overcome the mental and emotional components of addiction.
At Santé Center for Healing, we understand the importance of drug detox and strive to create a customized, evidence-based programming experience on which clients can count.
From Drug Detox to Rehab
It’s impossible to overemphasize the importance of a medically supervised drug detox. Getting sober is easier than staying sober. Santé’s detox is a natural transition into a residential level of care where clients come to realize that alcohol and other drugs are only a symptom of underlying problems or issues. These addiction treatment programs include:
- Substance use disorder treatment
- Mental health/dual diagnosis treatment
- Trauma resolution treatment
- Disordered eating treatment
- Compulsive behavior treatment
Detox is an early step in assisting clients with recognizing why they initiated substance use and what their life’s possibilities are in long-term recovery. What happens after completing the detox phase?
After Drug Detox
Santé Center for Healing offers individuals and their families a long-term, clinical recovery continuum of care spanning more acute medical and clinical needs to less acute therapeutic transitions. Options include:
- Residential treatment – provides 24-hour/7-day support
- Intensive outpatient treatment – provides real-world access and exposure during the day with critical ongoing clinical structure and support in the evenings
- Family support groups – provide education, support, and other services for those who love someone in active addiction
- Transitional living – provides a highly structured apartment-style living for those in early recovery
- Individual therapy – evidence-based therapeutic approaches to instill coping skills, manage triggers, and change thoughts and behaviors
- Medication management – whether medication-assisted treatment (MAT) during detox or long-term medication for co-occurring mental health conditions, it is essential to have medication management and oversite
- Relapse prevention – provides skills to notice dangers of slipping and skills to address new stressors
- Life-long alumni support – provides a robust support network of people, educational resources, and addiction treatment specialists to help you maintain recovery and a life of sobriety
All levels of care include the following:
- An individualized treatment plan is developed and evolves
- Progress milestones are gauged by individual goals achieved (not merely days in care)
- Services received in an intimate, therapeutic, serene, and supportive environment
- Families receive the necessary education and empowerment for life-affirming possibilities found in long-term recovery.
These are all critical ingredients in the recovery process, increasing the likelihood that gains made are reinforced and sustained for life-long recovery.
Contact Santé Center for Healing for Drug Detox in Argyle, Texas
If you or a loved one are caught in the cycle of drug addiction, a professional drug detox program offers the best chance for a life of recovery. Take the difficult first step to seek help by contacting Santé Center for Healing. You can trust in our expertise, compassion, and commitment; we are here to guide you on your journey. This decision is one of the most important of your life, as addiction is progressive and can be a deadly disease.