Recovery is not something that is completed upon leaving our addiction treatment programs; it is an on-going process of learning and personal growth. It is important to stay connected and know that Santé wants you to succeed through your personal journey that is Recovery. The Alumni Coordinator exists to keep the lines of communication open between alumni of Santé and the Center itself. Currently, Santé stays connected with alumni in a few different ways.
- An Alumni E-Blast is distributed monthly with articles and letters from staff members, inspirational stories and experiences, alumni testimonials, as well as information about upcoming alumni events. All alumni are welcome and encouraged to send the Alumni Coordinator letters that let staff know how they are doing or stories of experiences they have had as they adjust to life after treatment.
- Santé has a company facebook as well as a Santé Alumni facebook. The Alumni facebook page is run by Santé Alumni for Santé Alumni and is completely private.
- Santé’s Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/SanteCenter
- Every year, Santé hosts the Alumni Recovery Retreat here on campus. This retreat offer alumni from all over the country the chance to renew, reconnect and recommit to their Recovery. Santé staff members and local mental health professionals offer several experiential therapies, lectures and discussions. It is always a fun time for staff, current clients and alumni. There are opportunities for alumni to connect with current clients, during 12-step meetings and meals. Several alumni have made the retreat a part of their commitment to recovery.
- Santé’s Alumni group meets online every Wednesday from 6:00 to 8:00pm via OmniJoin, a free online conference system.
It’s important that alumni keep Santé up-to-date with current contact information so that they can receive all communication (newsletters, invitations, etc.). All alumni should feel free to check-in with the alumni coordinator at any time. Whether they need referrals, have suggestions, just want to check-in or are having a hard time getting a hold of someone else at Santé, the alumni coordinator is there to help in any way possible.