Substance abuse presents individuals and their families with many challenges. The most important step in addressing those challenges: Admitting there’s a problem. Once done, the focus of your discussion turns to finding the right drug and alcohol rehab center program for you.
It’s not an easy question to answer. Substance abuse is a highly individualized disorder. The right rehab program for you such as the programs available at Santé Center for Healing is the one that fits your specific needs.
Different Types of Rehab Facilities
Rehab facilities address substance abuse concerns in different ways. As you consider the right rehab program for you, it’s important to keep in mind some of the terminology used.
Addiction medicine offers two types of facilities: inpatient, which requires overnight stays as in a hospital, and outpatient rehab, where patients visit rehab like they are going to work.
More extreme use disorders will typically call for a stay in inpatient alcohol rehab. These can be for both short- and long-term challenges. But again, substance use is very individualized, which is why it’s so important to find the right rehab program for you. There are also hybrid programs in the form of partial hospitalization programs.
Find the Right Rehab Program in Texas
The emotions of substance abuse can make it difficult to think clearly when seeking the right rehab program for you. Don’t go it alone. This should be a family project. Some variables to consider when looking for the right rehab program include:
- Seek a specialized opinion from a doctor certified in addiction medicine. They are best equipped to recommend the right rehab for you.
- Do your research. Rehab facilities come in many forms. Some offer detox only, for instance. If you have a co-occurring disorder — a substance abuse and mental health condition simultaneously — you’re going to want a facility equipped for both.
- Location. For personal reasons, you may want to be far from home, or you may want to be close to family.
- Do your due diligence. Make lists of the options and do site visits. Ask questions.
- Consider what amenities are important to you.
Deciding on the right rehab program for you, in the end, is a very personal decision. For residential addiction treatment programs in TX, consider the Santé Center for Healing.
Treatment for substance abuse can seem scary. You’re already reeling from the effects of drugs and alcohol, and now you’re hearing talk of doctors and detox and wondering what it’s all about. Sometimes a few basic pieces of information can help settle your nerves and allow you to decide on the right rehab program for you. The stages of treatment and rehab include:
- Initial assessment. Doctors and therapists will do a comprehensive medical and psychological workup that provides a baseline for care.
- Treatment planning. Information from the workup will result in a detailed roadmap for your stay in rehab.
- Detox. For most people, the first stage is detoxification — getting rid of the drugs and alcohol from your system to focus on treatment.
- Counseling. Working with a therapist, both individually as part of a group, you will explore the forces that brought you to this point and coping skills for the future.
- Aftercare. Sadly, many people relapse in the first year after treatment. Aftercare treatment services and resources seek to lower that risk.
Rehab at Santé Center for Healing
Substance abuse ruins lives. Without appropriate treatment, it’s a disease that can grow out of control, causing pain and misery for individuals and families. Nobody wants to see that happen. If you or a loved one is struggling with substance abuse, trust Santé Center for Healing to help you turn the page and find the right rehab program for you.
Our staff, both clinicians and counselors, is on the front lines of evidence-based addiction medicine. Rehab programs in TX include individualized assessments as well as detox, residential treatment, inpatient hospital treatment, and more. Our team knows that every person is different in substance abuse. We look to treat the whole individual. Get started on the future today. Contact Santé Center for Healing by calling us at 866.238.3154 for a first consultation.