Substance abuse presents individuals and their families with many challenges. The most important step in addressing those challenges: Admitting there’s a problem. Once done, the focus of your discussion turns to finding the right substance abuse treatment center program for you. Clearly, you want the best rehab in Texas to increase your chances for a successful recovery.
However, what is the right choice for rehab in Texas? The depends on your unique needs. Substance abuse is a highly individualized disorder. The right rehab program for you, such as the programs available at Santé Center for Healing, is the one that fits your specific needs.
Different Types of Rehab Facilities
Rehab facilities address substance abuse concerns in different ways. As you consider the right rehab program for you, it’s important to keep in mind some of the terminology used.
Addiction medicine offers two types of facilities: inpatient, which requires overnight stays as in a hospital, and outpatient rehab, where patients visit rehab like they are going to work.
More extreme use disorders will typically call for a stay in inpatient alcohol rehab. These can be for both short- and long-term challenges. But again, substance use is very individualized, which is why it’s so important to find the right rehab program for you. There are also hybrid programs in the form of partial hospitalization programs.
Find the Right Rehab in Texas
The emotions of substance abuse can make it difficult to think clearly when seeking the right rehab program for you. Don’t go it alone. This should be a family project. Some variables to consider when looking for the right rehab program include:
- Seek a specialized opinion from a doctor certified in addiction medicine. They are best equipped to recommend the right rehab for you.
- Do your research. Rehab facilities come in many forms. Some offer detox only, for instance. If you have a co-occurring disorder — a substance abuse and mental health condition simultaneously — you’re going to want a facility equipped for both.
- Location. For personal reasons, you may want to be far from home, or you may want to be close to family.
- Do your due diligence. Make lists of the options and do site visits. Ask questions.
- Consider what amenities are important to you.
Deciding on the right rehab program for you, in the end, is a very personal decision. For residential addiction treatment programs in TX, consider the Santé Center for Healing.
Treatment for substance abuse can seem scary. You’re already reeling from the effects of drugs and alcohol, and now you’re hearing talk of doctors and detox and wondering what it’s all about. Sometimes a few basic pieces of information can help settle your nerves and allow you to decide on the right rehab program for you. The stages of treatment and rehab include:
- Initial assessment. Doctors and therapists will do a comprehensive medical and psychological workup that provides a baseline for care.
- Treatment planning. Information from the workup will result in a detailed roadmap for your stay in rehab.
- Detox. For most people, the first stage is detoxification. In other words, the process of getting rid of the drugs and alcohol from your system to focus on treatment. This can be a difficult process, especially for alcohol. Trying to detox on your own is how people fall back into addiction. Don’t go through this process alone. Let trained professionals guide you through this challenging process.
- Counseling. Working with a therapist, both individually as part of a group, you will explore the forces that brought you to this point and coping skills for the future. Remember that simply getting off of a substance isn’t enough to keep you from going back. It’s important to understand the factors that led to your addiction in the first place.
- Aftercare. Sadly, many people relapse in the first year after treatment. However, that doesn’t have to be your story. Aftercare treatment services and resources are readily available to lower your risk of relapse.
Substance Abuse Treatment Centers in Texas Aren’t All the Same
Substance abuse ruins lives. Without appropriate treatment, it’s a disease that can grow out of control, causing pain and misery for individuals and families. Nobody wants to see that happen. If you or a loved one is struggling with substance abuse, trust Santé Center for Healing to help you turn the page and find the right rehab program for you.
Our staff, both clinicians and counselors, is on the front lines of evidence-based addiction medicine. Rehab in Texas includes individualized assessments as well as detox, residential treatment, inpatient hospital treatment, and more. Our team knows that every person is different in substance abuse. We look to treat the whole individual.