Trying to determine which addiction treatment center is right for you can be difficult. Sometimes we simply don’t know the right questions to ask. This list can help. This may be your first time with treatment, but it is not ours.
- Is the person on the phone with you part of a call center working from a script or are they trained clinicians?
- What is the addiction treatment philosophy?
- Do all of the primary therapists have a master’s degree?
- Are the primary therapists fully licensed?
- Does the program have therapists who have been trained & certified in different types of therapy?
- Does a multidisciplinary team (psychiatrist, master-level therapists, dietitian & nurses) collaborate to create individual treatment plans?
□ What or who dictates the program length
- Is there on-site 24-hour medical support?
- Are the most notable staff members actually seeing clients?
- Is the focus on core healing rather than quick fixes?
- Does the program offer different types of therapy?
□ Self-directed learning
□ Customized assignments?
□ Individual therapy?
□ Experiential therapies?
□ Evidence-based programming?
- Does the program offer family therapy?
- How long has the organization been in business?
- Who owns the company?
(Investors focused on the bottom line or privately owned & focused on clients?)
- Is there a warm & inviting environment where you can feel comfortable?
- How many other clients will be there?
- Are higher & lower levels of care available to support an individual throughout the recovery journey?
- Does the program provide care once the individual discharges from treatment?
Addiction ruins lives. Without appropriate treatment, it’s a disease that can grow out of control, causing pain and misery for individuals and families. Nobody wants to see that happen. If you or a loved one is struggling with addictive substances or behaviors, trust Santé Center for Healing to help you turn the page and find the right rehab program for you.