Addiction impacts everyone in the family unit. Family therapy offers the opportunity to have someone listen to how the client’s actions have impacted the lives of those around them. If relational problems are driving loved ones away, intervention strategies are formulated with the client’s recovery in mind. This relationship between the family member and therapist leads to a more rounded plan for change. If the family member feels the need to have more extensive therapy sessions, these are offered and can be discussed with Santé’s Family Therapy Coordinator. Santé truly believes that the family plays an integral part of addiction treatment.
When possible, every effort is made to re-establish and strengthen the client’s bonds with their primary support system, including improved communication with appropriate disclosure and amends. When appropriate, a collaborative effort is made to establish rules for the client’s return to the home environment. When the client is unable to return to the home, guidelines are established for continued involvement and contact with loved ones. Santé Center for Healing provides referrals to families for support as needed. The family receives a letter, questionnaire, and a workbook upon the client’s admission into addiction treatment with options to help identify the healing process that will be extended to them.
Some of the features of family and friends night at Santé include:
- Weekly Tuesday night Family and Friends Support Group Meeting from 5:45-8:15PM at Santé
- Weekly Saturday Family and Friends Support Group Meeting 10:30am – 12:30pm at Santé
- Weekly Monday ONLINE Family and Friends Support Group Meeting 6:00-8:00PM in Santé’s online group room
- Educational Series
- Setting boundaries, addictive thinking, family rules and roles, how to cope with a family member in treatment, etc.
- Professional Speakers
- Family support group guided by a therapist
Some of the features of family therapy at Santé include:
- Intervention sessions when treatment is difficult
- Individual and couples therapy for family members
- Weekly family night (at no cost) with psycho-educational lectures and process groups
- Family of Origin work through the utilization of Genograms