Today, there are many approaches to addiction recovery. For many, this can be overwhelming and make it harder to find the right approach for their needs. Knowing and understanding different approaches can help people make the right choice for their own recovery or better understand the recovery journey of loved ones. Remember that a 12-step program is one of the most common and easily accessible approaches to addiction recovery. Why have they been around for a long time? Because they work.
If you or someone you love are looking for 12-step programs in Texas, we can help. At Santé Center for Healing, we provide a comprehensive dual diagnosis treatment for mental health and addiction recovery. With 12-step, inpatient, and outpatient treatment programs for men and women, we have a program that is suited for you. Call us now at 866.238.3154 to learn more about 12-step programs at Santé Center for Healing.
An Introduction to 12-Step Programs
You might well ask, “What are 12-step programs?” Beginning with Alcoholics Anonymous, 12-step programs provide an actionable path for recovery that clients work through at their own pace. Often, 12-step programs offer a powerful introduction to addiction recovery. While AA has roots in Christian theology, there are also completely secular 12-step programs.
The 12-steps focus on:
- Asking for help
- Understanding you cannot control your addiction
- Surrendering to a higher power through meditation, prayer, and mindfulness
- Making amends with those you’ve hurt
- Asking forgiveness of people you’ve hurt
- Asking yourself for forgiveness
- Helping others stay sober
12-step programs are easy to find around the world because they’re a safe and effective way to find peer support near home and while traveling. Most 12-step programs focus on trust and anonymity, leaving people with non-judgmental support. Unlike other forms of recovery, sponsorship is essential to the 12-step model. This can help people build a new sober community at home or while traveling.
5 Benefits of 12-Step Programs for Recovery
There are many benefits to 12-step recovery. Here are just five:
- Self-paced, individualized care: 12-steps help people work through each step of recovery at a pace that works for them.
- Accountability partners: Sponsors and other group members can work as accountability partners and help someone build a reliable community.
- Manageable, actionable steps: the 12-steps are simple but create profound, lasting change for members.
- Accessible meeting times and locations: with meetings across the world, 12-step groups are accessible and provide drop-in support for those who need it.
- Ways to give back to the community: by working as a sponsor, someone can give back to the community and witness growth in others.
12-step programs are popular because they’ve been shown to be effective over the years. Whether it’s someone’s first time in recovery or they’re looking for alternative approaches, 12-step approaches are welcoming, compassionate, and supportive.
Begin a 12-Step Program in Texas Today
Finding the right 12-step program can be overwhelming. Let our compassionate staff and community make the choice easier. With both inpatient and outpatient programs for men and women, the Santé Center for Healing helps clients navigate each stage of recovery from clinical assessment and detox to relapse prevention planning and alumni support programs.
With an emphasis on dual diagnosis and trauma therapy, our clients enjoy a range of evidence-based alternative therapies for holistic healing. Our 12-step program gives clients the tools they need to help themselves and the greater community navigate addiction recovery. With over 25 years of experience in mental health and addiction recovery, the Santé Center for Healing can help.
Start Alcohol Detox and Recovery and Enjoy Long-Term Sobriety
Are you ready for an introduction to the 12-steps? Call Santé Center for Healing now 866.238.3154 to learn more about our 12-step and other addiction recovery programs and start recovery today.