If you’re considering rehab for a problem with alcohol, you’re not alone. Millions of people just like you are currently debating this life-changing decision and wondering, “What is detox, and how can it help me get sober?” Unfortunately, the large majority of these people will never actively seek help or find the answer to their question. If you’re ready to take control over your drinking problem, discover how detox and rehab can help.
What Is Detox
So, what is detox, exactly?
Detoxification is the process in which toxic substances leave the body. During an alcohol detox program, individuals abstain from drinking alcohol in an attempt to get sober and recover their health. If you’re considering enrolling in rehab following extended alcohol abuse, you likely need a medically managed detox.
Withdrawal symptoms begin when a long-time or heavy drinker suddenly stops drinking or lessens their drinking significantly. Symptoms vary, but length and frequency of abuse play a large role in determining the severity. Other factors determine the severity of symptoms, including genetics, past traumas, the presence of co-occurring mental disorders, and living a stressful lifestyle.
Alcohol withdrawal can be rather intense. Typically, alcohol withdrawal is broken down into three phases.
- Phase 1: This first stage usually begins within eight hours of the last drink. Distinguishing symptoms include anxiety, insomnia, nausea, and abdominal pain.
- Phase 2: The second phase of alcohol withdrawal usually begins between 24–72 hours after the last drink. High blood pressure, elevated body temperature, irregular heart rate, and extreme confusion are common during this phase.
- Phase 3: The third and final stage of alcohol withdrawal can be extremely intense and usually begins about 72 hours after the last drink. Symptoms can include hallucinations, fever, agitation, and seizures.
Medically Managed Detox
Although the detox process can be uncomfortable, a medically managed detox is the safest method. Rehab specialists are available 24/7 to help ease the burden of symptoms and make the process as smooth as possible. Managed detox is far more effective than self-detox, a practice that often results in relapse.
Undergo Detox and Receive Treatment in Argyle, Texas
If you’re ready to tackle your alcohol problem, Santé Center for Healing in Argyle, Texas, can help. Withdrawal can be dangerous to go through alone. There is always a chance of relapsing when detoxing on your own. You can recover your sobriety, health, and independence at our full-service detox and rehab center.
- Medical Detox Center
- Residential Treatment Program
- Intensive Outpatient Program
- Transitional Living Program
- Dual Diagnosis Therapy
Rehab doesn’t have to be an unpleasant experience. Our team of medical professionals will guide you toward lasting recovery in a safe and comfortable setting. We offer various levels of care, depending on your specific needs. We are here to help you or your loved one get the best possible treatment.
Recovery Starts Here
Don’t let your problem with alcohol spiral further out of control. Santé Center for Healing in Argyle, Texas, has the treatment programs and tools you need to overcome your problem for good. Call us now by dialing 866.238.3154 and get started on this life-changing experience!