Outpatient substance abuse treatment programs are what most clients prefer for three key reasons. First, because they don’t require residence at an addiction treatment facility. Second, they’re also typically less intensive than other programs as well. Third, they’re more flexible when it comes to clients’ time and energy commitments.
Outpatient addiction treatment programs provide clients professional support and can be an ideal way to work on recovery while still taking care of life responsibilities. Searching for an outpatient substance abuse treatment near Oklahoma City, OK? Reach out to Santé Center for Healing today by calling 866.238.3154 or contacting our team online.
What Is the Difference Between Inpatient and Outpatient Treatment Programs?
Addiction treatment programs generally fall into one of two categories: inpatient or outpatient. Each one has unique attributes and benefits to offer clients.
Inpatient addiction treatment programs are intensive. In fact, they are good for treating severe addictions or other cases when 24-hour care and medical attention are necessary. It also may be a requirement if a client doesn’t have a safe and secure home environment. In these situations, residing at an addiction treatment facility would help the client focus on recovery.
Outpatient addiction treatment programs allow clients to maintain their typical schedules — which may include going to school or work — while overcoming their substance use disorders. Programs like this are affordable, flexible, and often effective. When combined with a 12-step program, like Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA), its effectiveness may even increase. Outpatient programs may also have participants that have taken a step up in their addiction recovery path by transitioning out of a more intensive program, like an inpatient one.
What Is the Difference Between Typical Outpatient Programs and Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOPs)?
An outpatient substance abuse treatment facility may offer IOPs along with the typical outpatient treatment program.
An IOP, like other outpatient programs, doesn’t require living at an addiction treatment facility. However, it demands more time and attention than a typical outpatient treatment program. Think of an IOP as a transitionary period between an inpatient program and an outpatient one. Clients that need a higher level of care but still require flexibility due to their typical schedule may benefit from getting into an IOP.
What Should You Expect From an Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment Facility?
Remember that outpatient substance abuse treatment programs — whether they’re offered by facilities in TX, OK, or elsewhere — should provide the following to their participants:
- Common medical treatments and pharmacotherapies: Most of what medication-assisted treatment (MAT) provides that is recommended in the use of addiction recovery should be provided on an outpatient basis. Clients may also be prescribed medications during addiction recovery and take these on an outpatient basis.
- Psychosocial interventions: These can be provided in outpatient treatment, although most will be more effective in a residential treatment setting.
- Psychoeducation: This includes skill-building shops, lectures, and other activities that don’t formally qualify as therapeutic interventions. However, they can help clients learn new skills or gather new information that will help them in addiction recovery.
- Support services: Often, these include offering educational and occupational support, mentoring services, and transportation services.
- Case management services: Case management refers to specific services that assist clients who have special needs. They may include helping a client find a job, an affordable place to live, or a psychiatrist who specializes in their needs.
Many outpatient treatment programs also provide multiple benefits. These would include developing social connections, enjoying peer support, and finding motivation in life.
Ready To Learn More About Santé Center for Healing’s Substance Abuse Treatment Programs?
If you’re looking for an outpatient substance abuse treatment near Oklahoma City, OK, contact Santé Center for Healing today. Reach out to our team online or call 866.238.3154.