Thousands of people die every year from preventable drug and alcohol overdose. Children as young as 12 experiment and become addicted to illicit substances. At Santé Center for Healing, we offer detox, substance abuse treatment, and other therapies to help our clients heal. Come to our center in Argyle, Texas, and leave behind a life dependent on drugs and alcohol. First, review the drug facts you should know to fully understand the depth of the drug problem in the United States. You are not alone.
Drug Facts You Should Know
Among the drug facts you should know, here are the top 15 drugs that cause overdose deaths. Over a six-year period, the CDC tracked the top 15 drugs from 2011 to 2016. The top ten did not change over that time, but the last five slots varied.
The top drugs, broken out by classification included:
- Opioids: heroin, fentanyl, morphine, hydrocodone, oxycodone, and methadone
- Benzodiazepines: diazepam and alprazolam
- Stimulants: methamphetamine and cocaine
- Drugs ranking 11-15 varied over the years and included: citalopram, acetaminophen, diphenhydramine, tramadol, amitriptyline, clonazepam, oxymorphone, amphetamine, carisoprodol, and gabapentin
We don’t want you to become another statistic. The drug facts you should know are sobering. When you’re ready to break the habit, medical detox can help you safely remove the drugs in your system under the supervision of medical professionals. At Santé Center for Healing, doctors and nurse care for detox clients day and night. Additionally, detox care often includes medication that reduces withdrawal symptoms.
The following substances may require a detox period prior to recovery treatment:
- Alcohol detox program
- Cocaine detox program
- Prescription opioids detox
- Heroin detox program
- Methamphetamine detox program
How Long Does Detox Last?
Detox may last four to 10 days. However, our team customizes the care plan for each client.
Drug Abuse Use and Abuse Trends
NIDA’s 2018 Monitoring the Future survey reveals that daily marijuana use exceeds cigarette smoking among teenagers who still attend school. For example, over 10 % of 8th graders, 27% of 10th graders, and 35% of seniors reported using marijuana once or more in the year prior to the survey.
Among the drug facts you should know, thousands of teens and adults fall prey to substance abuse disorders every year.
Here are the 2018 occurrences of substance abuse disorders in users 12 and older (in thousands):
- Alcohol 14,818
- Illicit Drugs and Alcohol 2,654
- Alcohol Only 12,165
- Illicit Drugs or Alcohol 20,258
- Illicit Drugs Only 5,440
When clients come to Santé Center for Healing, we start with a professional addiction assessment. Often, a residential level of care gives you the best chance for a lasting recovery. Therapists, psychiatric nurse practitioners, licensed dietitians, certified addiction nurses, and other credentialed professionals help you develop coping skills to avoid relapse while delving into the events that triggered your addiction.
Elements of our drug and alcohol residential treatment programs include:
- Individualized treatment plans
- Medication management
- 12-Step Program
- Dual diagnosis treatment program
- Nutritional counseling
- Experiential therapy programs such as ropes course, art therapy, and music therapy
- Massage therapy
- Yoga therapy program
What Drugs Cause the Most Overdose Deaths?
According to the National Vital Statistics Report, drug facts you should know include the top drugs causing overdose deaths.
- Oxycodone caused the most deaths in 2011, heroin caused the most deaths from 2012 through 2015, and fentanyl took the lead in 2016.
- Heroin-related drug overdose deaths increased by 300% from 4,571 deaths in 2011 to 15,961 deaths in 2016.
- During the period studied, cocaine ranked in the top three drugs causing overdose deaths every year.
- Overdose deaths related to methamphetamine nearly 4-fold from under 2,000 deaths in 2011 to nearly 7,000 deaths in 2016.
Choose a Men’s or Women’s Treatment Program
Some clients thrive in gender-specific alcohol or drug rehab environments. During your professional assessment, you can indicate your preference for a gender-specific program.
Check out the different men’s and women’s rehab programs on offer, including:
- Men’s alcohol rehab program
- Women’s alcohol rehab program
- Men’s drug rehab program
- Women’s drug rehab program
Drug Abuse Disorder Treatment in Argyle, TX
At Santé Center for Healing, we believe in educating our clients on the potential risks involved in continuing to use illicit substances. Now that you’ve reviewed drug facts you should know, it’s time to concentrate on getting well. We can help you find a brighter future and avoid becoming another sad statistic. Contact us at 866.238.3154 today to learn more about our alcohol and drug abuse disorder treatment programs.