Therapy Intensive: Recovering from Codependency
For 20 years Santé Center for Healing’s medical and clinical staff has worked individually with patients, clients, and families to identify and address core, trauma-level issues resulting in substance abuse disorders, eating disorders, problematic sexual behavior and other process/behavioral addictions. In addition to assessments, detox, residential programming, intensive outpatient,
transitional living, outpatient clinical services, family education and support, ongoing alumni support and professional education courses,Santé offers a highly concentrated, effective 4-day Therapy Intensive.
Santé Center for Healing’s Recovering from Codependency offers a 4-day Intensive to identify and address each attendee’s stuck points preventing the necessary footing to move past symptoms and conditions that maintain their codependency. Codependence, often misunderstood to be someone who chooses to assist individuals in their addictive behaviors. More accurately, codependence is a manner of learning the skills to survive in a chaotic environment. Spending a significant amount of time using these survival skills can take over healthier ways of living; hence, day-to-day ways of thinking lead to continual stress and anxiety and significantly interfere with our most important relationships.
Santé’s Therapy Intensive: Recovering from Codependency offers new skills and ways of thinking to assist in their recovery in a safe, serene, supportive environment using an innovative theoretical approach that seamlessly and meaningfully integrates Relational Cultural Theory (RCT: Jordan), Bowen Family Systems (Bowen) and skills from Cognitive Processing Theory (CPT: Resick, Chard, Monson). This 4-day healing journey integrates Experiential Therapies throughout the Therapy Intensive and includes Equine Therapy, Art Therapy, and DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy: Linehan) grounding mindfulness skills. The format is primarily group therapy, including 30+ hours to identify, acquire, practice, and integrate vital and effective tools for healing and recovery. Participants’ receive supportive individual sessions as needed.
Who should attend:
Adults who struggle with:
- Guilt and shame, often at core of codependency
- Creating and maintaining personal boundaries
- One-sided relationships
- Patterns of rescuing people, leading to constant thoughts of other person’s needs
- Identifying, expressing and/or meeting their own needs and desires
- Perfectionism as a way of life; feeling as if any mistake is a major personal shortcoming
- Fear and insecurity in relationships
- Loving self as you are (self-worth)
- Understanding yourself independently of your relationships
- Accepting criticism or praise
- Taking on the responsibilities of those around you
Who is Vulnerable to Developing Codependency:
- Grew up in a dysfunctional or chaotic home
- Has cared for a partner or family member with a chronic physical, cognitive or mental illness, including addiction
- Has experienced physical, sexual, emotional, or other types of abuse
Goals for Santé's Recovering from Codependency Intensive:
Learning to create healthy interdependent (rather than dependent) relationships
- Establishing boundaries and enforcing them in a healthy and respectful way
- Improving self-perception and self-esteem
- Experiencing new ways of communicating with a partner, family and friends
- Changing patterns of thought to inspire new growth and deeper intimacy
- Exploring unspoken rules that continue to support codependent thinking
- Celebrating that attendees are worthy of love and connection
Space is limited to 8 participants.
Register by calling Kerrie Sanders at 940.464.7222 or email email@example.com.
Download the brochure for more information.
Monday –Thursday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.,unless otherwise noted.
Santé Center for Healing
in Argyle, Texas
(just north of Dallas/Fort Worth)
$2,500 ($1250 deposit) includes: all intensive materials, hotel stay, equine therapy, art therapy, lunches, dinners, snacks. The deposit is required prior to scheduling; payment is due in full 2 weeks before. Since Santé’s Intensives fill quickly, we encourage making reservations weeks in advance.
If 30 days or more prior to the start of your Therapy Intensive your schedule changes or you become unable to attend, a full refund minus $250 administrative fee will be issued or you will be given the opportunity for a one-time transfer to one of the next three Therapy Intensives. If you choose not to reschedule or cannot reschedule within the next three Therapy Intensives, the Intensive fees will be forfeited. Cancellations less than 14 days before the start of the Therapy Intensive are non-refundable. Materials and other Therapy Intensive arrangements and details rely on an accurate attendance count. If you have to cancel or transfer your workshop, please contact Kerrie Sanders at 940.464.7222 immediately. There may be others on a waiting list.
LODGING & TRANSPORTATION:
Lodging is included with the intensive. Please contact Kerrie below for more information.
Register by calling Kerrie Sanders at 940.464.7222 or email