In addition to a life free of addictive thinking, Santé Center for Healing also encourages healthy living and spirituality. Our spacious patient rooms provide a tranquil living space where quiet reflection and personal inventory can take place.
The Eating Disorders Program at Santé treats patients individually and comprehensively. Santé is a co-addiction, dual-diagnosis facility. We address all problems simultaneously, in order to help patients understand the true dangers of cross-addiction. For people who struggle with eating disorders, this can be especially critical as such behaviors tend to be a core addiction. When other behaviors are addressed and eliminated, eating disorders are often uncovered.
Patients are assessed upon admission for eating disorder related behaviors and motivations, then assigned to the full eating disorder program or to a modified schedule of participation.
Our patients admit on a voluntary basis and are expected to have some degree of personal motivation in order to engage in, and benefit from, our program activities. However, we meet our patients where they are in their recovery by providing encouragement and motivational interactions, both of which are essential components of our program.
The Eating Disorders Treatment Program at Santé includes:
- Individualized meal plans
- Monitored meals and exercise
- Supervised restaurant outings to develop life skills in a supportive environment
- Grocery shopping to help address triggers and develop coping skills
- Anorexics and Bulimics Anonymous meetings
- Nutrition education and cooking groups
- Body image inventory and step work
- Process groups specific to our patients’ needs
Eating Disorder Treatment is centered around the following five stages:
- Life Integration
- Recovery Strategy